Week 10 Tool~ Sutori

 As a teacher, you are sometimes introduced to a variety of lesson plan tools. Obviously, some are better than others. However, it just depends on the teacher and their style. Some like to handwrite plans while others like digital. When I was in the classroom, I preferred digital because I could move my lessons around if needed without a bunch of eraser marks in my book (Yes, I'm OCD). 

This week, I learned about Sutori. On Canvas, it describes Sutori as a tool teachers can use to create lessons. I automatically thought it was another lesson plan site, but it was so much more than that. If you want to teach a lesson a specific way, Sutori has a way to do it. When looking at the free trial, they had timelines on Civil Rights Movement, comparisons between World War 1 and 2, virtual tour of the Florida Capitol and so much more. I spent most of my time looking at the history resources because I am a history buff; however, they do have resources for STEM, ELA, math, even ESL. 

What I like about Sutori, especially the resource I was looking at was that it had multiple means of engagement in one presentation. This resource was on the Civil Rights Movement. The presentation created a timeline of the beginning of the movement to the end. Within the timeline, there were key Supreme Court Cases that the students would need to be familiar with. However, after some of the cases, there were videos discussing that specific case. While it was not in this presentation, teachers can add discussion or quiz questions in their own presentations. This would allow them to engage the student's comprehension on what has been taught so far. 

If I was still in the classroom, I would be using this every day for my lessons. I feel that this tool would allow me to create engaging and creative lessons for my students. If I have teachers come into my office struggling to create lessons, I am going to recommend this tool. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media: Good or Bad?

Week 3 Reflection~ Put the Phone Down!!

When Technology Fails