Am I In Over My Head?

 Hello World, 

I originally chose this class because I needed an elective for the summer. Some of my classmates are also taking this class and said that it was interesting, so I decided to sign up. What I did not expect was learning that we were going to have to blog three times a week. While I am comfortable writing research papers, there is something about writing blogs that scare me. After reading the syllabus I thought to myself, "What did I get myself into?" 

However, the more I thought about this class, the more I realized that the class could be a good opportunity to relate to my students. I currently work as a school counselor at a middle school. Teenagers, at this age, are flooded with various social media apps, cyber bullying, making the next viral TikTok video, etc. By taking this class, I hope to learn about the various social media apps so I can learn what my students are talking about because I sound ancient when I mention AIM or Myspace and their new platforms are Kick or TikTok. 

Throughout this course, I am excited to learn all about social media that I do not already know. I also hope to get in a groove of feeling comfortable of writing blogs because they can be beneficial to reach my students in the schools as well as their parents. I look forward to working with all of you this semester.

Comments

  1. Hi, Lauren! I’m Bridgette (Web 2.0 Learning Lab). Nice to meet you! You’ve got this! I’m also a little apprehensive about blogging because I’ve never done it before. We can learn about it together! Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lauren! I'm on the same page as you. It is scary to put your thoughts and feelings out there for everyone to read! What a great role model you are for your students though. You can do things to challenge yourself and push yourself to the edge of that comfort zone and everything will be ok!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Social Media: Good or Bad?

Week 3 Reflection~ Put the Phone Down!!